At Modis, our executives and local managers are experts on the job market, economy, hiring trends and workplace issues. If you're in need of insights or perspectives, we'll arrange an interview for you to speak with one of our executives or local managers.
In the News
- CIO.com: How to Better Engage Millenials (And Why They Aren’t Really So Different)
“How to manage and work with millennials is a hot topic in the IT jobs sector. What is it about this generation that makes them so different from generations past? Or maybe they aren't that different after all. ‘They [millennials] have aspirations and they want to achieve them real quick. There has to be clear communication on where we are today, where we are going to be tomorrow and what’s expected for them to achieve. We make sure they understand that there is a process that needs to be met and accomplishments that you need to hit in order to ascend to that realm,’ says Jack Cullen, CEO of Modis, an IT staffing company.”
- ITworld.com: Tech-savvy college hires bring integration, communication challenges to IT workplaces
“Some college graduates may find their first foray into the work world daunting and need help finding their place in the office, said Jack Cullen, president of IT staffing firm Modis. Market demand and a generational mentality mean these workers will leave a position if the fit isn't right, making thorough training essential, he said.”
- Skytap.com: Let Your Geek Flag Fly!
“In a Geek Pride Day survey by Modis, 61% say they would purchase and wear a smart watch (a computerized wristwatch with Smartphone functionality), and 56% percent say the same about smart glasses (glasses with Smartphone and camera functionality).”
- GeekWire.com: It’s Geek Pride Day! Put on your smartglasses and laugh at your own jokes
“IT staffing firm Modis is back with a new installment of its Geek Pride survey, sampling opinions about geeks and geeky issues from more than 1,000 Americans, including people who identify themselves as geeks and non-geeks.”
- GeekDad.com: Happy Geek Pride Day: The Survey
“Meanwhile, a recent Geek Pride Day Survey was conducted by Modis IT Staffing. And the findings are telling, and in some cases, chuckle-worthy — but not as hilarious geeks think they are.”
- eWeek.com: Geeks More Secure About Their Superman Pajamas, Star Wars Memorabilia
“Thanks in part to the growing mainstream influence of science fiction, comic books and superheros, as well as hit television sitcoms like 'The Big Bang Theory,' geeks have never had it so good. In celebration of Geek Pride Day on May 18, IT recruitment firm Modis conducted a survey focused on the American geek and found that public perception of geeks continues to improve.”
- Geekosystem.com: Let Your Geek Flag Fly! It’s Geek Pride Day! Let’s Celebrate With Statistics!
“Let’s celebrate the best way geeks know how — with cold hard data. The folks at Modis conducted a survey on the state of geekdom in America. Let’s look at the numbers.”
- TheGloss.com: Only 68% of Americans Would Date a Geek
“I just got an email regarding the result of the Modis Geek Pride Survey 2013 (a survey of 1000 Americans) and I was shocked! They claim that: Sixty-eight percent (68 percent) of all respondents say they would date a geek! This could be because a majority (67 percent) of Americans associates geeks with being loyal, an important component to any relationship. And I shook my head and thought ‘how is it only 68%?’”
- The San Francisco Chronicle: Wave Your Geek Flag for Geek Pride Day
“Geeks are the new hipsters. At least that seems to be the case according to an annual survey in honor of Geek Pride Day on Saturday. Modis, an IT staffing company, reported that 68 percent of people find Google Glass-wearing geeks hot and would date them. That’s because geeks are considered intelligent, loyal, hardworking and gainfully employed.”
- San Jose Mercury News: Real Geeks Don’t Do Geek Pride Day
“A new — and modest — survey supports the notion that there’s been a cultural shift in how Americans see geeks… ‘Being a geek has gone mainstream,’ said Jack Cullen, president of Modis, an information technology company that commissioned the study. ‘It's now chic to be geek.’”
- The Denver Post: Geek Pride Day Survey: 68% Would Date a Geek
“May 25th is the day geeks have claimed as our own, whether you call it Geek Pride Day, Towel Day or The Glorious Twenty-Fifth of May. And a recent Geek Pride Day Survey from Modis IT Staffing shows we’re letting our geek flags fly higher than ever before.”
- ReadWrite.com: Geek Pride Day Is May 25: Here's How To Celebrate
“For three years running, IT recruitment agency Modis has conducted an annual Geek Pride survey in honor of the holiday. More than 1,000 American adults shared their thoughts about all things geek.”
- Business News Daily: Winning the IT Talent War
“The war for IT talent is raging… If you're a small- or medium-sized business looking for talent, a standard, online job posting just won't cut it in a jobseekers' market.”
- ABC News: Celebrate Geek Pride Day, May 25
“May the 25th is worldwide Geek Pride Day! In honor of the occasion, global IT staffing and recruiting service Modis has conducted a survey in geek pride, finding that it's no longer necessary for Americans today to ‘sneak their geek.’”
- CIOInsight.com: Americans Proud of Their ‘Inner Geek’
“Modis, an IT staffing company, has produced a new survey which reveals that nearly all Americans confess to having at least a little bit of geek inside of them… Beyond that, your tech workers may be happy to find out that they're not only considered ‘cool,’ but quite dateable… ‘our survey shows that it’s definitely a good time to be a geek.’”
- Cosmopolitan: Truth: A Geeky Guy is a Damn Good Catch
“While geeks, nerds, and the like have had a hard go of it over the years… those who speak Klingon as their second language definitely make the best romantic partners. According to a survey by Modis IT Staffing, 68 percent of Americans would date a geek. Over 75 percent of people say that geeks are hardworking, 67 percent say geeks are loyal, and 58 percent say they are confident. An added plus? The survey found that 70 percent of those who self-identify as geeks are employed, versus 54 percent of non-geeks.”
- Esquire: Are we all nerds now?
“We're all geeks now, but we also understand that geekdom isn't about the specific aspects of culture one obsesses over anymore — be it comics or sci-fi or whatever the jocks consider uncool… A just-released study of more than a thousand adults by Modis, a national IT staffing company, confirmed that people are proud of passions that would have formerly been considered embarrassing, including 87 percent saying they don't ‘sneak their geek’…”
- ComputerWorld.com: Beach Reads for Techies 2013
- CIO.com: 7 Healthcare IT Roles That Are Transforming Tech Careers
- CIO.com: 8 Tips for Retaining Top IT Talent
- InfoWorld.com: With revenue at stake, companies seek business-savvy tech workers
- CFOWorld.com: IT gets its groove back
- NetworkWorld.com: So you want to be a data scientist?
- NetworkWorld.com: Hot IT titles: Hybrids in high demand
- BaselineMag.com: Ten Best Cities for Finding a Tech Job
- WSJ.com: How to Watch March Madness at Work
- CIO.com: 8 Best Cities to Find Cloud Computing Jobs
- Dice Blog Network: 10 Tips to Help You Nail Your Next Tech Interview
- ComputerWorld.com: 10 hot IT skills for 2013
- CIO Insight: Business Intelligence Slideshow: Top Five Cities for Big Data IT Specialists
- Baseline: Data Scientists in Demand as Big Data Grows
- DataInformed: In a Good IT Job Market, Strong Demand for Analytics Skills Cited in Five Cities
- eWeek: San Francisco, Boston Among Top Cities for Big Data Jobs
- NetworkWorld.com: Top 5 cities for big data jobs
- NetworkWorld.com: 6 hottest IT certifications
- WSJ.com: War for Tech Talent Heats Up
- Computer World.com: How to manage IT contractors
- Reuters: They’re Here. They’re Geeks. Get Used to it.
- Wired: Geek Pride Day Survey 2012
- MSNBC Tech: We’re All Geeks Now: Survey
- USA Today: How Will You Celebrate Geek Pride Day?
- CNET: Friday Poll: How Are You Celebrating Geek Pride Day?
- Computer World.com: Jack Cullen: Stop searching for that elusive 'purple squirrel'
- Information Week.com: 9 Tips: Make Your IT Resume Stand Out
- Xconomy.com: San Diego Tech Roundup: Flud, Verve, and a “Swiss Cheese” Job Market
- JAXUSA.org: Cities With The Biggest Growth in Tech Jobs
- Mashable.com: Will Streaming March Madness Games Kill Your Office Network?
- USATODAY.com: March Madness in the office: Work comes in second
- Becker's Hospital Review: 5 Go-To Strategies for Hiring Health IT Workers During a Shortage
- Life Inc.: Your IT department is ruining your March Madness fun
- Baselinemag.com: The Best Places to Find a Job
- Jacksonville.com: Who's hiring? Information technology in Jacksonville
- Dice Blog Network: SQL Server Database Admins: Interview Questions
- Florida Technology Journal Staff Report: Orlando, Jacksonville Top Cities for IT Jobs
- Denver Business Journal: Denver a top city for IT job-hunters
- Computer World: Up-and-coming tech jobs – and how to land one
- NetworkWorld.com: Mobility, cloud, analytics to reshape IT in 2012
- NetworkWorld.com: IT pros staying put, expecting raises
- CSO Online: Study: IT's Future Lies with Cloud Computing, Security and Mobile
- Computer World.com: 7 Key Skills New IT Grads Are Lacking
- BusinessFinanceMag.com: Disaster Preparedness and Data Recovery – How Ready Is Your Organization?
- NetworkWorld.com: 5 ways for IT pros to become indispensable
- CIO.com: How to Conduct a Job Search: What You Need to Know Today
- Processor.Com: Prep Your Skill Set For the Cloud Invasion
- NetworkWorld.com: Healthcare IT Gets Its Own Cert
- Environmental Leader: The Green Gap: Where's the Green In Your Data Center?
- Examiner.com: Bay Area Job Market is Heating Up
- InfoWorld.com: The 6 hottest new jobs in IT
- CIO.com: IT Pay Creeps Up After Two-Year Downward Spiral
- Staffing Industry Analysts: Houston Top City for IT Jobs
- Forbes: The Top 7 U.S. Cities To Find An IT Job Right Now
- Healthcare IT News: Healthcare IT talent war is on
- Information Week: Mobility, ROI Driving IT Hiring At SMBs
- Xconomy: IT Employment Staging a Comeback In San Diego, Silicon Valley
- Computer World: Top tech firms join push to hire vets
- Forbes: Securing Corporate Data in an Increasingly Mobile World
- Processor: Improving Your Management Skills
- WalletPop: Job Hunting Tips for IT Positions From Modis President Jack Cullen
- E-Commerce Times: Staffing Up for IT’s New Normal
- TechNewsWorld: Jack Cullen takes a look at "Stirrings of Life in a Bleak IT Employment Desert"
Current Press Releases
Director, Public Relations
Modis is one of the largest providers of information technology staffing services and solutions. Our Press Room puts our latest developments at your fingertips.