Java – System Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis has a requirement for a Java – Systems Analyst for one of its government clients based in Ottawa. This is a won contract and not an RFP. The contract will run up to next March 2018.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of 12 years’ professional work experience within the IT field.
• Must have experience on Windows and UNIX platforms (minimum of 5 years within the last 8 years)
• Must have 3 years of experience with Java Data Access Layer development in the last 8 years.
• Must have 3 years of experience with SQL and DB development in the last 8 years
• Must have experience with XML standards and development using JAXB (minimum of 3 years of experience within the last 8 years)
• Must have 4 years of Experience with DB2 and web application development in the last 8 years
• Must have IT experience in JAVA object oriented system design, development, and testing (minimum 5 years within the last 8 years)
• Must have experience working in a large government department/agency, crown corporation, or private enterprise organization demonstrating Senior Analyst type work. (Large is defined as having greater and equal to 10,000 employees) (minimum of 4 years in the last 8 years.)
• Must have experience with JAVA EE enterprise application development (minimum of 5 years within the last 8 years)
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in all aspects of systems analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex system changes expected.
• Analyzing requirements, processes and data towards developing and implementing solutions which address business and technical needs.
• Documenting assigned system functions; translate them into business requirements and validate them with the business clients.
• Analyzing and mapping the data impacted by the data migration
• Developing system and modules, programs, sub-systems, and complete system documentation.
• Analyzing performance and tune system to meet standards.
• Preparing test plans and test cases, and document results.
• Providing status reports and attend regular project team meetings.
Candidates must have a government security clearance at the Enhanced Reliability level.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5th.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.