Systems Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Systems Analyst for a contract assignment in the Ottawa area.
Applicants must have a minimum security clearance of Enhanced Reliability.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of five years experience working as a System Analyst in an IM/IT environment
- Experience providing input in the planning, directing, and controlling of the activities of the team within scheduled time and cost parameters
- Experience adhering to the use of standard Project Management & Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Experience investigating and resolving problem issues reported in the fault tracking applications that are related to the system
- Experience designing , testing, correcting and optimizing systems to ensure that the objectives of the system are met
- Experience conducting the work flow analysis requirement, application functional analysis, and roll out sequence analysis
- Experience identifying, monitoring, managing, and reporting risks, problems and change management requests
- Experience working with Microsoft (MS) Project
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience administering and supporting CA Software Change Manager application (formerly Harvest)
- Experience following required change and release management processes
- Experience using Oracle stored procedures, functions, triggers and UNIX scripts
The tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops objects to perform specified functions associated with various modules for each project
- Provides as required, maintenance objects or other objects required by any associated modules such as Table Maintenance
- Develops requirements, feasibility, cost, design, and specification documents for system
- Develops technical specifications for systems development, design and implementation
- Conducting walkthroughs with the client community to ensure adherence to client requirements
- Provides technical direction and mentoring within the development team
- Provides release configuration management based on the Project schedule
- Ensures changes are coordinated, packaged and lead to the various scheduled releases as outlined in the project plan during the fiscal year
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.