Systems Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Systems Analyst for a contract assignment in the Ottawa area.
Applicants must have a minimum security clearance of Enhanced Reliability.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Must have a minimum of five years experience working as a System Analyst in an IM/IT environment
- Experience with system design and development of the PowerBuilder (version 12 or higher) client/server suite of applications
- Experience in the analysis of reports, database, framework, business rules, roles matrix of Cognos BI application
- Experience with UNIX batch jobs, Database / Stored procedures/Triggers and database administration of business rules
- Experience utilizing configuration management tools and software distribution tools to build, package and distribute releases
- Experience with PL/SQL procedural language
- Experience using Problem Management and Change Management tools for reporting and resolution of the problems and change management requests.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience administering and supporting CA Software Change Manager application (formerly Harvest)
- Experience following required change and release management processes
- Experience with Oracle 8.1, 9i, or 11g
The tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Designs and develops objects to perform specified functions associated with various modules for each project
- Develops requirements, feasibility, cost, design, and specification documents for systems
- Assist in data cleansing exercise for migration of the applications to changing departments standards/technologies/methodologies
- Identifies changes and refinements to the process model, physical database design and/or prototype Verifies all batch jobs, dependencies, stored procedures and triggers required to support the application and all table maintenance facilities
- Define application architecture, dialogue structures, window dialogues and application flow
- Provision of Team Leader type services for the identified application suite by leading the maintenance support activities and enhancements of this application suite: preparation and input to project plans, software modifications, review of deliverables, review of test plans, software implementation support, post-implementation reviews, quality assurance control
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submitted to the client.