System Analyst Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis is searching for a Systems Analyst for a long-term contract with our government client in the Ottawa area.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
- Over ten (10) years of experience as a System Analyst for client/ server or web-based applications, on medium to large projects.
- Seven (7) years of experience using the .NET framework 2.0+ to develop applications on medium to large projects.
- Over six (6) months of experience using Microsoft Entity Framework 4.0 or higher.
- Over three (3) years of experience data modeling using Erwin 7.3+ and following client-provided data modeling standards.
- Over ten (10) years of experience preparing system design documentation according to a standard SDLC methodology (ex. Macroscope).
- Over two (2) years of experience developing Microsoft .NET applications on projects consisting of diverse technical team members related to the SDLC.
The following skills and experience would be highly considered an asset:
- Experience in system design, development, and implementation, as well as translating business requirements into system design specifications
- Experience designing high complexity, high availability, and fault-tolerant client-server systems.
- Experience supporting the delivery and maintenance of enterprise application systems
- Experience analyzing functional requirements to identify information procedures, and decision flows, to develop solutions.
- Over two (2) years of individual experience within the last five (5) years with the following applications:
- Visual Studio 2010 or later;
- TOAD for Oracle 9.5 or later, or SQL Navigator 6.x or later;
- ERWIN 7.x or later; and
- Visual Studio 2010 Team Foundation Server or later.
Candidates must hold government security clearance at the SECRET level to qualify.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!