Systems Analyst - IBM Mainframe Job, Ottawa, ON
Modis has a requirement for a Systems Analyst – IBM Mainframe platform for one of its government clients. It is for a long term contract opportunity based in Ottawa.
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
• Over ten (10) years of experience working on an IBM Mainframe platform.
• Experience in working on COBOL development and DB2 relational databases.
• Experience in design and development in the following: TSO, CICS, JCL, MQ Series and DB2.
• Experience using technical tools such as Expeditor, Fileaid, Endevor and Abend-Aid.
Tasks will include, but are not limited:
• Participating in all aspects of Systems Design, Analysis and Implementation of a large Development Project
• Assisting in the analysis of requirements, processes and data towards developing and implementing solutions which address business and technical needs.
• Analyzing and participating in the creation and gathering of Business requirements.
• Analyzing existing processes and systems, data models and data holdings to determine and implement solutions that meet business requirements.
• Designing data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, on line, and production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems.
• Performing and documenting unit, regression, integration, end to end, and performance testing as required.
• Performing independent verification and validation of software applications and systems function and performance.
• Developing and maintaining system modules, programs and/or sub-systems.
• Supporting systems in test and production environments; perform complex problem resolution/ debugging.
• Documenting testing scenarios for application under development and interfacing applications.
• Completing system documentation.
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly demonstrated in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!