Business Intelligence Analyst
Position/Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Length: Employee Position
Start Date: June 2017 IMMEDIATE NEED
The Position: Business Intelligence Analyst
Description of Work:
Conduct analysis of business and user needs to determine business and technology requirements and identify Business intelligence, Data Analytics, and Data Warehousing solutions to support business goals
Major Job Functions:
Liaise with users and other stakeholders to implement and refine BI requirements 40%
- Elicit, develop, and document requirements and assist with testing/verification of the solution
- Communicate deliverables and successes to business stakeholders, and train users
Plans, prioritizes, and manages business requirements; organizes, mentors and leads the work of other BI Analysts on the team 20%
Work closely with the BI technical team over the entire application lifecycle, from ideation to decommissioning 20%
- Collaborate with architects, developers, and other technical subject matter experts to establish the technical design vision and analyze tradeoffs between functionality, usability, reliability, supportability, and performance needs.
- Facilitate the governance of BI applications and data, including tasks such as documenting problems, managing changes, coordinating releases, reviewing security, and maintaining metadata assets.
Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple data sources, profile data, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and help differentiate/prioritize ad-hoc user requests 20%
Required Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of database design practices and SQL query fundamentals.
- Strong experience working with data/data profiling and deriving business solutions using data
- Strong technical skills with the ability to create or guide the development of BI objects (dashboards, reports, cubes, metrics, etc.)
- Provide training, support, and guidance to end users in the use of BI tools and in the analysis/understanding of information
- Solid analytic and problem-solving skills, detail oriented mind set and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Exhibit a high level of expertise and confidence in driving business decisions using a combination of data and business acumen
- Advanced knowledge of Business Analysis and data profiling tools and techniques and how they are effectively applied to specific business analysis and data needs.
- Advanced and broad knowledge of business issues, processes, and strategic planning, as well as, IT resources and enabling technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of reporting technologies, applicable to the assigned platform(s).
Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary education in business and information systems.
- Advanced requirements gathering, decision making, project management, problem solving, and investigative skills.
- Technical aptitude for understanding relational databases, dimensional modeling and data warehousing.
- Experience in statistical analysis and data mining preferred.
- IT Governance certification (e.g. ITIL, COBIT) preferred.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.