Permanent - Full-time
The Business Analyst II leads the assessment of client needs in an effort to align business initiatives with information technology solutions. The Business Analyst II will provide expertise in the areas of requirements definition, business process analysis and design, functional design, configuration, implementation, testing, training and documentation to deliver enterprise solutions.
- Project assignments include but not limited to work on enterprise systems such as the Student Information System (SIS), HR, Finance, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Learning Management (LMS), UBC e-Payment, Email, and Networks (wireless, telephony, Internet, etc).
- Project types include but not limited to software development, ERP and COTS implementation, infrastructure transformation, ITIL and ITSM, BPI/BPR, vendor analysis & selection (RFI, RFP).
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to identify business priorities and recommends options.
- Identifies, elicits, and documents business requirements, defines business rules and communicates requirements for the implementation of business solutions.
- Communicates with stakeholders of varying technical ability and subject matter expertise.
- Leads short-term planning sessions to implement integrated business process improvements and documents discussion and agreements.
- Provides consultative services for the development of policies and procedures.
- Analyzes metrics to ensure for client satisfaction.
- Provides input to feasibility studies for standard development projects and enhancements.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to less-experienced individuals.
- Prepares functional, system and program specifications.
- Develops user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing and system acceptance testing stages. Typically performs functional testing.
- May prepare project status reports and communicate status to client.
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
- Performs other related duties as required.
All qualified and interested candidates may send their resume to meryl.granger@Modis.com