Field Support Analyst
Position/Title: Field Support Analyst
Length: 12 months
Start Date: November/December 2016
Modis is looking to identify a Field Support Analyst for a position in Lloydminster, SK on an initial 12 month contract basis
Reporting to the Team Lead, Western Canadian Field Support, the Field Support Analyst supports the Western Canadian Field end users’ IS equipment and productivity software.
The Field Support Analyst is responsible for and must be expert in a wide variety of installation, support and maintenance activities. These include providing user support for mobile, telephony, desktop/laptop, printers, standard productivity applications, peripherals, network, servers and end-user computing devices.
The successful candidate will preferably be based in Lloydminster, SK, but candidates in Calgary will also be considered. This position requires a great deal of travel to Husky western Canadian sites.
- Remotely Support day-to-day IS activities of Western Canadian Operations which includes; providing desktop, laptop, workstations, HMI, SCADA, telephony, communications, server, printer, application and end user support services.
- Travel to Field Sites to Support day-to-day IS activities of Western Canadian Operations which includes; providing desktop, laptop, workstations, HMI, telephony, communications, server, printer, application and end user support services.
- Work with Network teams to install and troubleshoot Communication equipment
- Work with vendors to install/support their hardware/applications
- Assist in ongoing projects related to Western Canadian Operations
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-Secondary IT diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License and a Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of technical support by performing installation, repair, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of Deskside software/hardware and communications equipment
- Experience in analyzing existing operations and help in the improvement and growth of the Deskside operating environment
- Experience with industry specific terminology and the ability to effectively communicate with technical professionals from various industry disciplines.
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- A+ Certification, ITIL Foundations, MCSE, CCNA, and/or Network +
- Experience working with IS in the oil and gas industry, including working knowledge of SCADA, HMI, PLC and other industry specific technologies.
- Experience traveling to remotely located Oil & Gas field sites in all weather and road conditions.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."