We have a Helpdesk Analyst Job available in Kanata, ON with one of our Fortune 500 client. You will be a part of a well-rounded team of technologists who are focuses on new and innovative ways of revamping their current environment. This role is competitive in pay and offers a great opportunity to anyone looking to expand their career and knowledge. The Service Desk job is located in a state-of-the-art facility working with new technology, free parking, and a great company culture. Training is provided onsite.
• 24 months experience in providing Information Technology technical support services in client operating systems, such as MS Windows XP/WIN7, networks operating software such as Novell or commercial-off the-shelf (COTS) office products such as MS Office, Lotus SmartSuite and in End User Support services. Technical support can include password resets, hardware issues related to damaged Peripherals, software related issues such as non-responding applications, identification of security incidents such as viruses and malware.
• 24 months experience working with an enterprise class IT Service Management tool such as InfoMan, HP Peregrine Service Centre, IBM Tivoli; Remedy, Heat, Support Magic, to open, record, prioritize, match against other tickets in the system, track, document, assign and close call/incident, problem and IMAC/change tickets
• 24 months experience providing customer service and working with an Automatic Call Distribution telephony system to log in and out, set status, generate reports as required.
• Strong technical analytical and reporting skills to clearly document incidents and requirements being reported.
• Must have a valid Federal Government Secret Security Level Clearance. Reliability will be accepted to start.
• Must be bilingual and have proficient ability to read, write and speak in both English and French language.
• Positions have various shift requirements that may involve working in a 7/24, 365 days a year shift environment.
• Using problem management “Known Error Database* in order to reference procedures and process and resolve incidents at first point of contact.
• Checking active incidents, problems and change tickets against service level targets. Perform escalations and notifications to affected stakeholders.
• Controlling building security access to IT support staff and 3rd party vendors as per established procedures.
• Performing quality assurance by reviewing ticket resolution information to ensure that the event is indeed resolved and associated information is accurate.
• Providing Mainframe IT technical support such as password resets, cancelling jobs, unlocking/recycling user sessions, resetting accounts for Mainframe systems such as Hardware platforms – IBM S/390 and IBM System zSeries, Operating systems – MVS, z/OS, Z/VM and Linux, On-line Transaction Manager – CICS, Message Management – MQSeries, and Web – WebSphere.
• Providing Midrange IT technical support such as password resets, hardware issues related to damaged Peripherals, software issues such as non-responding applications, resetting of FTP accounts, ticket updates based on auto-generated alarms, assisting users with web-based applications for Midrange systems such as HP/MPE, VAX/VMS, UNIX-based operating systems, Windows NT-based operating systems, and Linux platforms
• Acting as a communication centre to provide technical information such as nature of the Incident, Problem and Change status, technical specifications, need for additional information between the user-client community and the IT support groups, for all requests, incidents and related activities.
• ITIL Foundation certification is an asset