Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Platform Lead
Platform Lead (54170170)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Deep hands on experience with at least 3 programming language or scripting language such as C#, Java8, Python, Groovy, Ruby, Shell
• Provide technical leadership to define architectures, practices and tools to optimize software delivery speed, consistency and quality.
• Highlight any potential risks to the Leads and seek inputs to resolve issues identified.
• Ability to define the system landscape, to identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a solution
• Architect applications that are efficient, reliable, maintainable, extensible, and testable;
• Interface with the cross functional (application, operations, data) teams to assist in determining the most efficient and effective method of automating the software delivery lifecycle.
• Knowledge of options and how to handle security requirements such as single sign on and data security
• Provide configuration and sizing recommendations for version control, automated build, continuous integration, automated test, infrastructure automation, monitoring and other software delivery lifecycle tools
• Provide operational process and practice recommendations for implementing continuous delivery
• Proactively research, test and understand tools and frameworks that can add value to a continuous delivery ecosystem
• Lead system performance benchmarking and establish standards and best practices to support business goals
• Ability to write code and scripts using program as well as scripting languages for CI\CD to prototype solutions if required
• Provides guidance/recommendations to team members and other technical stakeholders. Conducts technical presentations
• Collaborates with the test team to identify, document, and run tests to ensure end-to-end pipeline workflows execute per requirements
• Develops and documents solution alternatives to meet business needs and considers the costs and risks associated with each alternative
• Collaborates and accepts direction from Practice Architects, clients and other leadership stakeholders
• Knowledge of virtualization, containerization ecosystem and tools such as Docker, kubernetes, AWS AMI, Packer
• Deep understanding and experience with continuous integration, build and source management strategies (e.g. branching patterns) and tools such as Git, Gradle, Plugins , Git, Sonarqube, Jenkins and Circle CI including configuration, deployment and orchestration pattern
• Deep understanding and experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Salt including deployment strategies
• Experience with micro services principles
• Experience with stream processing
• Experience with Spring framework ecosystem
• Deep understanding of modern software delivery processes, tools and frameworks including lightweight Java application frameworks such as Spring Boot
• Familiar with change configuration (desired state) and immutable production patterns, trends
• Deep understanding of the software delivery lifecycle with specific experience in agile delivery practices and methodologies
• Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL and search engines
• Experience with API gateway
• Experience with binary repositories
• Experience with Yeoman
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Jbehave, Spok
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of accountability and ownership
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!