Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Conversion Specialist
Data Conversion Specialist (54210416)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
The Data Conversion Specialist supports the mission by helping our new members extract data from their previous system, transform the data into new formats, and then import the data into. In addition to performing this technical work, the Data Conversion Specialist also uses their interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders and to drive each project toward completion. You'll be part of a team that will travel to some of our clinic membership sites and support the conversion of the data from their current EHR over to new systems.
In this role, you'll be collaborating with an innovative, collaborative team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and processes along the way.
This position is available for contact and contract-hire opportunities.
• Performing data conversions including extracting healthcare data from systems, performing transformations upon the data, and importing it into new systems.
• Analyzing healthcare data in HL7, CDA, SQL formats for extraction, transformation, and import
• Interacting and facilitating meetings with multiple internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, identify data conversion needs, provide ongoing updates, and ensure high customer satisfaction;
• Develop technical and business process documentation for data conversions;
• Approach the work as a Technical Analyst on data conversion projects and be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment;
• Provide quality assurance on data conversion work;
• Coming up with brilliant solutions to analytical challenges;
• The ability to travel to Clinic locations on an as needed basis to meet with clients, understand their Data Conversion needs, and support the conversion;
• Participate in shaping and growing Data Conversion product line
• Participate in internal process improvement projects;
• Participate in informal internal training as part of ongoing team improvement;
• Assist with additional Interface projects as assigned;
• Performed other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, or similar field. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience may meet this requirement.
• 2+ years of experience working with healthcare data;
• 2+ years of experience working with EHR/EMRs;
• Knowledge of data transformations from any industry;
• Working knowledge of the HL7 standard;
• Exposure to Bridges or another interface engine;
• Troubleshooting and documenting skills;
• Able to learn in a self-directed, fast paced, rapidly-changing environment
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!