Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Interface Specialist
Interface Specialist (54210522)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
The Interface Specialist will use their clinical, computer science and/or technical skills to support the implementation of an Information System.
The Interface Specialist is the primary support contact for assigned interfaces and other assigned applications including biomedical devices. Interface Specialists coordinate the analysis, technical design, and all issue triage necessary to implement and support their assigned interfaces. They work closely with the interface project manager, application teams, and technical teams to ensure that interfaces meet the needs of the end users.
This position is available for contact and contract-hire opportunities.
• Coordinates the analysis, technical design, build, testing, on-going monitoring and all issue triage/resolution necessary to implement and support assigned interfaces and inter-system integration points.
• Works closely with the interface project manager, application teams, and technical teams to ensure that interfaces meet the needs of the end users, while maintaining high security standard.
• Manages the entire cycle of interface application development, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live and on-going support.
• Works with stakeholders, including subject matter experts and third-party application experts to determine business needs for interfaces, document the requirements, and configure the interfaces per the requirements.
• Responsible for coordinating various interface specific tasks and activities such as testing, build, conversion/cutover/planning, and go-live support by engaging subject matter experts, vendors, and interface engine developers.
• Works with the interface engine developers to develop data-translation routines and methods to support external systems data and format needs.
• Drives the interface projects, working with the interface project manager to ensure that results are achieved and deadlines are met.
• Provides proactive support by monitoring live interfaces and collaborating with experts to provide permanent resolutions to problems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent is required.
• Minimum four years’ experience in hospital information with an understanding of translating data from one system to another, interfacing techniques system work flow, working knowledge of data feeds and integration engine technologies
• Experience supporting and/or implementing moderately complex integration projects, required
• Hands-on knowledge of Health Level 7 (HL7) and Extensive Markup Language (XML) messaging standards and structures required
• Technical training in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows, technical infrastructure in a healthcare setting preferred
• Healthcare application experience required
• Strong analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
• Able to learn in a self-directed, fast paced, rapidly-changing environment
• Ability to analyze data, problem-solve, and clearly communicate solutions
• Ability to understand organizational requirements and their impact on the technical aspects of a solution
• Ability to work in a complex multi-communication-channel environment
• Skill at tracking tasks, defining next steps, identifying owners, and holding people accountable
• Ability to coordinate activities involving multiple players, including vendors, subject matter experts, interface engine developers, and end users, to design, configure, and test interfaces
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!