Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Training Specialist
Training Specialist (54210600)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
The Training Specialist will use their adult education experience and skills to effectively develop, communicate and deliver an Implementation training curriculum.
The Training Specialist will work closely with other project team members, as well as clinical and non-clinical staff to gain a thorough understanding of the associated workflows to ensure a comprehensive training approach. The Training Specialist will also provide leadership and direction to classroom-based instructors who will deliver the majority of the training to the hospital staff. To ensure a comprehensive system understanding, the Training Specialist will participate fully in gathering and analyzing information and specifications regarding clinical practices/workflows and business processes; configuring aspects of the system; test the system; and develop and document policies and procedures that will support use of the system;
This position is available for contact and contract-hire opportunities.
• Performing in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with software
• Populating databases during the initial system build.
• Helping staff to better understand your organization's operational needs as they work with your project team and end users to set the direction for your organization's workflows and system configuration.
• Gaining proficiency in your organization's workflows for the roles to be trained
• Developing and implementing a role-based training program
• Building, testing, and maintaining the training environment
• Creating and maintaining the various training materials
• Training additional classroom instructors
• Maintaining policy and procedure documentation
• Monitoring and reporting training milestone achievements over the course of the initial implementation and product sustainability
• Planning for ongoing post-live training and support
• Troubleshooting problems and questions from end users
• Working with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports
• Bachelor’s degree in a clinical discipline/health informatics/adult education or equivalent program or equivalent work experience.
• 3 years of hospital experience
• Skill and experience in adult education
• Previous project/systems implementation experience
• Experience in a health-care environment – basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology preferred
• Strong adult education skills – developing, preparing and delivering education
• Strong communication and follow-up skills
• The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization
• The ability to communicate effectively with project team members and subject matter experts
• The ability and interest to learn the software and increase their knowledge over time
• Eagerness to learn the system and promote it within the organization
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
• Visio experience is an asset
• Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to work equally well as a member of a team or alone to carry out project activities, resilience, and creativity are essential
• Superior writing skills
• Superior presentation skills
• Innovative, results and detail oriented
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!