Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Application Specialist
Application Specialist (54210688)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
The Application Specialist will use their clinical, computer science and/or technical skills to support the implementation.
The Specialist will provide leadership throughout the implementation to optimize workflow processes through building the system tailored to client needs. They will work closely with clinical and other teams to gather and analyze information and specifications regarding clinical practices/workflows and business processes; configure the system based on decisions; test the system at various stages throughout the implementation; develop and document policies and procedures that will support use of the system; and act as a liaison between end users and third party vendors to ensure clear communication and understanding of requirements.
This position is available for contact and contract-hire opportunities.
• Performing in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues.
• Investigating end users' preferences while making build decisions
• Analyzing business operations as they relate to build decisions
• Prioritizing and implementing requested changes to the system
• Analyzing new functionality in releases to determine how it should be used
• Populating databases during the initial system build with assistance.
• Coordinating all issues that arise in their application area
• Understanding the choices involved in application configuration
• Reviewing software
• Coordinating software updates and changes
• Reviewing and testing each new release
• Collecting information regarding potential system enhancement needs
• Preparing details of specifications as needed
• Analyzing data conversion needs
• Ensuring that data coming across an interface into an application meets the business need
• Developing and documenting project team procedures for implementing system changes and other tasks
• Setting standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
• Guide for Master File Naming and Numbering Conventions
• Serving as a liaison between end users and third parties.
• Maintaining regular communication with company representatives
• Working with client representatives and your organization's business community and end users to ensure the system meets the organization's business needs
• Helping Client staff to better understand your organization's operational needs as they work with your project team and end users to set the direction for your organization's workflows and system configuration.
• Participating in training and working with end users
• Troubleshooting problems and questions from end users
• Working with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports
• Bachelor’s degree in a clinical discipline/health informatics/information systems/business/computer science/engineering or other related filed or equivalent work experience
• 3 years of inpatient hospital clinical and/or revenue cycle, patient access, clinical project management
• Previous project/systems implementation experience
• Experience in a health-care environment – basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology preferred
• The ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and manage a project plan
• Strong communication and follow-up skills
• The ability to probe for information about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, which directly influences how the system will be built
• strong project management and organizational skills
• The ability to communicate effectively with project leadership and subject matter experts
• The ability and interest to learn the software and increase their knowledge over time
• Eagerness to learn the system and promote it within the organization
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
• Visio experience an asset
• Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to work equally well as a member of a team or alone to carry out project activities, resilience, and creativity are essential
• Innovative, results and detail oriented
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!