Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Manager
Project Manager (54227157)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Leads the planning and implementation of project delivery; facilitates the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• In collaboration with internal resource/functional managers, negotiate for/acquire and manage appropriate resources considering time, cost, and quality expectations/objectives of the project. Plans organizes, staffs, directs, controls and supervises the project team of internal and external resources
• Experience in procurement processes including RFP, selection, contract negotiations
• Identifies with stakeholders all project dependencies and risks and ensures that they are effectively managed. Ensures plans are in place for key risks. Manages priorities & interdependencies, builds consensus and resolve conflicts with multiple stakeholders for project and program implementation
• Negotiates, manages, and obtains approvals on project documentation and deliverables as agreed to by the project sponsor and stakeholders
• Monitors project status, performance, and key deliverables against schedule milestones and budget. Regularly review project status, evaluating performance criteria (scope, cost, schedule & quality)
• Reports progress against the plan to the project sponsor, and steering committee
• Manages communication to ensure that the project sponsor and business owner are aware of any significant changes in the project status, in a timely manner
• In partnership with business project owner assesses readiness and develops risk mitigation/contingency plans as required as a result of readiness assessment
• Ensures project phase/stage gate requirements are met
• Controls change through accepted change control processes and documentation
• Performing post-implementation follow up to determine user issues and levels of satisfaction
• Ensuring adequate post-implementation user support and on-going training efforts
• Executes project management deliverables as per the approved project plan, working with sponsor, and business and IT leads to develop the content of those deliverables and to ensure acceptance of them
• Ensures projects are managed in accordance with the recommendations for project management as outlined in the OTPP project management framework
• Business Analyst with a strong understanding of financial instruments used in Capital Markets including Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income and FX as well as Private Investing.
• Strong technology experience delivering complex implementation projects, Knowledge of systems that enable trading and treasury functions including trade capture and order management an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related discipline preferred
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management execution
• Process Improvement Methodology certification and or/experience an asset
• Experience with and understanding of leading practices in project management and process improvement
• Works collaboratively with other solution teams including Relationship & Application Management, Business analysts, Solutions Engineering and QA on a dynamic portfolio of initiative
• Proven vendor management experience
• Demonstrated change agent background
• Competency in typical PM and productivity software (MSP, Office Suite,etc)
• Proactive customer service focus
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); motivation and persuasion skills
• Excellent organizational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Outcome/deliverable orientation with a bias for action; disciplined scope, time, and cost management.
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of management and staff
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments; considering multiple points of view and managing conflicts
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!