Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (54268076)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Contribute to operational effectiveness and productivity throughout the various project phases by conceptualizing, evaluating, recommending, and implementing new systems and processes, equipment and procedures identified via user requirements, documentation/reviews and input received from operations staff and clients. This includes analyzing the impact new systems and or processes will have on the various departments, liaising with users, developing procedures, wherever necessary, to adapt new systems and processes, training and completion of other duties as assigned.
• Co-ordinate, prepare and execute automated systems testing of a project cycle from the feasibility stage through to the post conversion/implementation stage by developing project action plans, monitoring progress/ logging test activities throughout Integrated Systems Testing and User Acceptance Testing, recording deviations from plans, preparing test completion reports including recommendations for future improvement.
• Administer and document internally and externally system initiated projects and SSRs, Problem Logs, Emergency Change Requests, Project Work Orders, WMSD Intake requests and general system changes including documentation of user requirements, review of design documents, monitoring of schedules and costs and procedural documentation. This includes providing specialized, departmental training relative to new systems/industry changes and for planning, designing and implementing training programs to meet those needs.
• Manage multiple small system projects and assist in large system initiatives/enhancements concurrently, preparing business case proposals, providing business specifications, project planning, developing and maintaining test plans and test cases using prescribed tools/formats (e.g. HPQC), conversion and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, preparing procedural documentation, securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. Maintain timely and meaningful status update in department management tools and project / information portals (e.g. Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence).
• Liaise with other Executive Office departments, including Domestic and International Banking Operations and report to management on a regular basis regarding the status of ongoing initiatives, advising any significant hindrance which may preclude or jeopardize completion, along with recommendations for resolution of such.
• A good understanding of income and corporate action processing, also lending and settlements experience would be an asset.
• Good understanding of industry's practices, regulations and conventions in foreign and domestic markets (successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be an asset) gained through a minimum 3 to 5 years of operations and/or business analysis / operational support experience
• Familiarity with existing systems (Broadridge BPS, Dataphile, GLOSS, IMPACT, ICS, Arrow, Global 1 etc.) would be an asset
• Experience with, Visio, HP ALM, Sharepoint and other project management concepts and tools are a definite asset.
• An investigative, analytical and problem solving ability and sound judgment in order to identify and conceptualise alternatives and recommend possible solutions in the absence of established precedents;
• Good interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
• Results-oriented with a strong sense of flexibility and good time management and organization skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and complete assignments on time and with quality
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!