Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (54268115)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Contribute to the on-going operations, support and enhancement of GTS' Business Intelligence platform, IT Risk Management processes and reports.
• Build and maintain financial / costing models on a broad spectrum of business case scenarios and IT services.
• Continuously strive to automate the most time and resource intensive processes related to data collection, validation, transformation, etc. to optimize the production and delivery of standard GTS reports and dashboards.
• Serve as an analytics and reporting subject matter expert. Resolve complex reporting issues and provide ad-hoc analytical services to the GTS Management team.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of GTS communications and organizational events.
• Communicate effectively with senior management, internal clients and external vendors.
• Continually acquire and enhance own knowledge of business strategies, risk management products, and financial markets.
• Conduct project planning, scheduling and resourcing activities, and perform risk assessments and cost/benefit analysis. Establish milestones, final deliverables and budgets for projects.
• Design, develop and implement metrics, reports and dashboards based on current priorities.
• Investigate, select and coordinate data feeds from the most appropriate source(s) to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
• A recognized undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Business, Economics or a related discipline.
• Minimum 5 years of Information Technology experience required, preferably in Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics.
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI) and Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tools, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
• Ability to understand and assess complex problems and situations and take the appropriate actions to arrive at innovative technical solutions.
• Basic knowledge of programming concepts.
• Basic understanding of accounting and finance principles.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Exposure to IT management processes and frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT.
• Must have hands-on data analysis using excel, pivot tables, complex calculations – (3 – 5 years)
• Must have experience with business cases and financial costing models (3 – 5 years)
• Must have experience communicating with multiple lines of business, including senior level executives, and managers (3 – 5 years)
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!