Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Production Engineer/System Admin
Production Engineer/System Admin (54305977)
Location: Toronto, ON
We are seeking a Production Engineer to support high availability production systems for our cloud SaaS environment. The position will assist in technical engineering programs to implement and maintain operations.
The candidate will work closely with management, development and vendors to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Windows and network support including software updates and upgrades, backup and recovery, performance management, security management, and capacity planning for the Windows environment. The candidate will also work closely with vendors to support networking and security equipment, including firewalls, switches, load balancers, and other devices as required.
The candidate must be able to gather requirements and help architect, plan, and implement system solutions for a SaaS (Windows) platform to meet customer requirements. Experience with web servers, databases, networks, cabling, new installations and migrations, and security scanning tools is required. Off-shift coverage will be required for on-call support of systems and maintenance work in supported change windows. The ability to write shell scripts and utility programs for Windows system maintenance is also a plus. The candidate should have experience in development of documentation and implementation guides. To be successful in this position, the candidate must also display demonstrated teamwork skills, written and oral communication skills, formal documentation skills, and project and vendor management skills.
• At least 5 years’ experience supporting a production environment in managing Microsoft Active Directory to include implementation of GPOs, support of file and print services, DNS, Domain Controller replication, and organizational unit management
• At least 5 years’ experience in managing Windows systems, including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Window Server 2012
• At least 3 years’ experience in building, configuring, and managing Microsoft Windows servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments
• At least 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Backup software
• At least 2 years’ experience in working with virtual infrastructure (i.e. VMWare)
• Fluent in English
• Must be available for providing off hours support
• Looking for candidates who are ambitious, reliable, works well in a team environment
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!