Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a LINUX/UNIX/WINDOWS Administrator
LINUX/UNIX/WINDOWS Administrator (54345587)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• IBM and HP Intel based servers
• Operating systems Primary: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6,7, SUSE 10,11
• Operating systems secondary: Any distribution of Linux in an Enterprise Environment
• System management tools: Openview Management for Linux, KVM over IP solutions
• System software: LDAP (ODSEE), Veritas Foundation Suite (VxVM, VxFS), Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) or other clustering solutions i.e. Linux Clusters, Oracle HA cluster etc, Veritas NetBackup, RedHat Cluster Suite
• Scripting languages: Shell scripts (ksh and bash), Perl
• Linux Technology--Comprehensive knowledge of Linux (RHEL, Suse) including mass deployment, management tools and supporting infrastructure (KickStart, RedHat Satellite, CA ControlMinder/eTrust) or similar access control systems (e.g. Solaris RBAC, SELinux, SuSE App Armour) is an asset."
• performance tuning and troubleshooting
• Virtualization Technology--Knowledge of Linux virtual machines on VMWare
• Systems Software Infrastructure--Knowledge of the existing and planned software technology and the global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
• Must have Bachelors or degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!