Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a User Experience Specialist
User Experience Specialist (57405615)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Documenting and analyzing requirements to translate business needs and requirements into engaging and compelling mobile and online experiences.
• Leading and conducting stakeholder and user testing of design concepts and conducting user acceptance testing of proposed for both native mobile and hybrid mobile interfaces. This will include developing user testing schedules, test scenarios, recruitment of test participants, and coordination of overall testing.
• Reviewing testing results and modifying the design/prototype based on these results.
• Interpreting and presenting usability testing results to appropriate client committees and divisions
• Consolidating feedback reviewing best practices and preparing reports and recommendations based on the results
• Assisting with the development, documentation and communication of mobile and web usability policies, standards and procedures.
• Assisting with requirements, planning, deployment of the development of mobile applications advising on and developing standards for usability, and working with business units to assess and document their mobile application and online needs.
• Development and implementation of a sustainment plan to manage the ongoing review and design evolution of the client’s mobile applications, both native and hybrid, ensuring they continue to integrate new features, be responsive to user needs and set the standard for municipal mobile applications.
• Conducting data gathering activities to assess user characteristics, requirements, needs, goals, and opportunities
• 7+ years of 'progressively more responsible' experience working on web information technology projects that are large-scale or in complex environments, preferably municipal public sector.
• A minimum of 5+ years’ experience working as a User Experience Specialist in a large enterprise environment. Experience in mobile and responsive web development projects for large public service organizations, preferably municipal, is required.
• 3+ years’ experience working in mobile website and mobile (native and hybrid) development/design projects using enterprise scale API integration.
• 7+ years’ experience leading enterprise responsive website and mobile (native and hybrid) development/design projects including content development for mobile screens, mobile design, mobile application construction, navigation and management.
• 5+ years’ experience developing and implementing interactive media technologies demonstrating a comprehensive grasp of online media and social media tools and issues
• 5+ years’ experience managing formal and informal usability testing, gathering user research and heuristic analysis and translating research into design decisions in support of enterprise mobile projects
• 5+ years’ experience demonstrating the ability to participate in, co-ordinate and lead cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams producing innovative responsive web and mobile designs and strategies.
• 4+ years’ experience in designing, implementing and testing using AODA WCAG 2.0, Level AA compliance.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!