Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a UX Interface Designer
UX Interface Designer (57458486)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Consulting with clients, project teams and lead experience architect
• Acts as a user experience advocate regarding principles of cumulative customer experience and user-centered design
• Working from established guidelines support the project team needs and evolve the portal experience for optimal overall user experience
• Participates in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and getting approvals on designs/documentation, and challenge core team to create a successful user experience and cohesive story
• Collaborating with a core team of various design disciplines and content writers and build and maintain a team rapport with creative team personnel, managers, and stakeholders
• Highly involved in Usability testing along with Product Owner and Client Engagement where client users will experience the product offering and UX. Must have the ability to establish testing criteria, assess testing outcomes and work with project teams to adjust UX and functionality to meet the needs of the users.
• Champion the user experience design/solution for the product you support while maintaining the defined style guides.
• Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas/designs via sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity design comps
• Design multiple options, trust the iterative process, and understand that the first idea is not always the best
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Ability to translate business and user requirements into logical and streamlined screen flows that support desirable user experience.
• Solid knowledge of design tools (Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch, Illustrator, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
• Strong prototyping skill is a must, with tools like Axure
• 3-5+ years’ experience working in digital on creative teams
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Strong presentation and problem solving skills
• Desire to work through the entire design process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wire-framing, usability testing and prototyping for screen-based experiences
• Fluent in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale
• Portfolio of work samples showcasing work
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!