Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a IBM WebSphere Message Queue and Message Broker Administrator
IBM WebSphere Message Queue and Message Broker Administrator (57465917)
Contract Duration: (7 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with the client’s management in leading a team of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker technical resources as well as providing hands-on work in all aspects of upgrade project lifecycle. This will include all non-production and production environments
• WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker objects from the existing solution to the upgraded systems
• Streamline / automate WebSphere MB setup and message flow deployment process
• Buildbook for different environments such as DEV, SIT, UAT and PROD, etc.
• Collaborate with the project team to optimize solutions.
• Automated scripts for pro-active monitoring of the MQ/MB solution availability and performance to ensure functionality, integrity and security of the environments and compliance with Information security and change management processes.
• Identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which will involve interacting with other teams and with multiple external service providers.
• Provide technical leadership and support to Information Technology (IT) staff
• Review and update ESB build and run books and manuals
• University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
• 10+ years of solid hands-on experience in WebSphere MQ V7/8/9 and Websphere Message Broker (MB) V6/10 administration, installation, configuration and support
• 5+ years of leading teams in construction, configuration, deployment, support, and maintenance of WebSphere MQ and MB solutions
• 5+ years’ experience ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v3 concepts and practices in IT Service Management.
• 5+ years of experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
• Experience with distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
• Experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc., and Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 database connectivity and interaction
• 5+ years of experience in configuration, administration and support of integration and batch jobs on various platforms and environments
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!