Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Test Manager
JP20684 - Test Manager (57479276)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• In depth knowledge of quality assurance concepts and strong core experience in various phases and types of testing including functional, integration, regression, and performance testing
• Advanced knowledge of Test Strategy development, Test Planning, Defect Reporting and Test Case design techniques for initiatives ranging from moderate to high complexity
• Experience in the delivery of System, SIT, BAT, Automation, Performance Testing, Operability Testing (SDLC, AGILE)
• Experience in Creation, review and sign-off of testing documentation (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, resource planning, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure for assigned area/projects.
• Manage a team of Test Leads and Test Analysts (onshore and offshore) that are aligned to multiple lines of Business
• Accountable for all phases of testing for projects including System Testing (ST) / System Integration Test (SIT)
• Manage onshore and offshore test teams in the delivery of Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution scheduling and Testing execution activities in adherence to the client’s standards for System Testing (ST), System Integration Testing (SIT), Automation Testing and Performance testing
• Primary liaison for testing resources and business participants on business acceptance tests and PAT testing phase as required.
• Strong know ledge of Test Strategy development, Test Planning, Defect Reporting and Test Case design techniques for initiatives ranging from moderate to high complexity
• Advanced knowledge of testing, software development life cycle, QA methodologies, configuration management, defect tracking systems and automated test tools
• Provides leadership, project management and testing co-ordination
• Manages defect management / resolution process and acts as the primary contact on projects
• Advanced technical knowledge, analytical skills and strong working knowledge of Hadoop/Big Data and ETL
• Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem & SQL server. Hands on experience with ingestion/extraction
• Knowledge of Hive, Pig tool, Sqoop, oozie, Podium (good to have)
• Knowledge of data warehouse projects, Data Masking, Data Integration, Data Mapping
• ETL - experience with ETL tool testing like informatica/datastage/QuerySurge
• Proficient with SQL and well-formed understanding of data, data modeling, data mining and ETL processes
• Define and establish Data Quality standards for the data driven implementations on Hadoop platform and SQL Server.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux system.
• Identifies testing risks and coordinates test environment
• Writes scripts and scenarios per QA methodology
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!