Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Software and Infrastructure Tester
Software and Infrastructure Tester (57479731)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Reviewing relevant project documentation (BRD, Design, Use Cases, etc.)
• Providing comments and identifying gaps, ambiguities, contradictions, etc. within the project documentation
• Preparing appropriate test scenarios, test cases and test data based upon the project documentation
• Verifying that the Test Environment matches the 'live' Production Environment prior to test execution
• Executing the tests and recording the test results
• Documenting and tracking the defects and enhancement requests resulting from the tests
• Attending the Defect Meeting(s) during testing period
• Participating in the discussions about the defects at the Defect Meeting(s)
• Attending other project meetings as required
• Reporting status of their testing to IT Test Lead
• Minimum of five years testing experience as a Tester in large, complex projects within a web based application environment that comprises both internal and cloud components.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of quality assurance/quality control, test planning, and test execution.
• Extensive experience in creating test scenarios/test cases for large, complex IT Solutions.
• Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Solution Design, Statement of Work, and Test Strategies documentation as they apply to projects.
• Extensive experience in all facets of testing (i.e. planning, documenting, test execution, reporting, defect management and resolution)
• Extensive experience in all types of tests (i.e. functional, accessibility, usability, system/integration, regression, configuration, recovery, security, penetration, performance and user acceptance testing) a definite asset.
• Experience in testing application's support for mobile platforms (smartphones, tablets) and WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliance (AODA).
• Experience in tracking problems and defects within a large, complex project.
• Experience in testing of Java based web application solutions in a WebSphere environment preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!