Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Software and Infrastructure Test Lead
Software and Infrastructure Test Lead (57479801)
Contract Duration: (9 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Planning and managing the testing activities required to test the new IT Solution including issue and defect tracking.
• Attending walkthroughs of Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Design document
• Reviewing and providing comments on the BRD and Design document (identify gaps, ambiguities, contradictions, etc.)
• Developing the Test Strategy, Master Test Plan and Test Completion Report and getting them approved by the Business Client
• Developing individual Test Plans (as required) for each type of test (i.e. functional, integration, system, performance, security, etc.) and getting them approved by Business Client
• Reporting the status of the tests and defects to the appropriate authority (i.e. Project Manager, Stakeholders, Business Clients, etc.)
• Co-coordinating work with other project team leads
• Ensuring appropriate test coverage of the IT Solution during the testing period
• Reporting on the progress of testing to appropriate authority (i.e. Project Manager, Stakeholders, Business Client, etc.)
• Chairing the Defect Meeting(s) during the Test Phase
• Minimum of five years' experience as a Software and Infrastructure Test Lead in large, complex projects within a web based application environment that comprises both internal and cloud components.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of quality assurance/quality control, test planning, and test execution.
• Extensive experience in creating test strategies for projects.
• Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Solution Design, Statement of Work, and Test Strategies as they apply to projects.
• Extensive experience in tracking problems/issues and defects within a large, complex project.
• Extensive experience in all facets of testing (i.e. planning, documenting, test execution, reporting, defect management and resolution)
• Extensive experience in all types of tests (i.e. functional, accessibility, usability, system/integration, regression, configuration, recovery, security, penetration, performance and user acceptance testing) a definite asset.
• Strong experience in testing of Java based web application solutions in a WebSphere environment is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!