Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Applications Developer
Applications Developer (57482353)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• The main function of an Applications Developer is to design, develop, and implement applications to support business requirements.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements and generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Ability to contribute to operational, tactical and strategic planning.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to work on different projects, applications concurrently
• 7+ years, intensive experience in system design and development in all software life cycle phases from proof of concepts, development and implementation
• Excellent knowledge of IBM MQ and other messaging technologies (Experience in Solace messaging is an asset)
• 7+ year experience in building high performance, multi thread, Web and non-Web based, low latency, fault-tolerance, high availability systems. Experience in building enterprise web applications running on WebLogic or Websphere is necessary
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!