Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business System Analyst
Business System Analyst (57580626)
Contract Duration: (24 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• The candidate will be required to act as a liaison between all users and stakeholders from various business lines to understand their Reconciliation requirements and convert them to technical specification and configure Recon Engine accordingly
• The candidate will do data analysis, understand incoming files from various sources and suggest clean-up activities, optimize it and work with DEV team to document mappings and assist in ETL
• In addition to interpreting and understand business requirements and transform them to system solutions, the candidate will be required to develop or assist with the development of quality assurance test cases, test plan, execute test cases to ensure proposed recon matches are working
• The candidate needs to take ownership, brainstorm, do feasibility analysis and validate ideas with development, infrastructure and other IT team to install and deliver vendor application (TLM) and custom built solutions, configure application, matching templates and rules, application deployment, mapping, on-boarding of new business lines
• Provide support to business clients by mastering new and existing application platforms, ad hoc queries, data flow, troubleshooting, finding gaps in reconciliations, doing root cause analysis and MIS
• Participate, gather and provide inputs to Senior Management for ad-hoc requests pertaining to budgets, forecasting, resource utilization, status reports etc.
• A recognized degree in business, finance, mathematics, IT, or a related discipline, along with 5 - 6 years of practical experience is required
• The incumbent must have experience in capital markets preferably in Reconciliations with industry knowledge of General Ledger, payments, Cash, Position and Trade recons
• The successful candidate should have solid understanding of practices, requirements, accounting, trade life cycle and the end-to-end trade data flow among the Front, Middle, and Back Offices and very good knowledge of at least one capital market area (preferably in back office processing)
• The incumbent must possess a solid understanding of IT practices, AGILE methodology, Systems Development Life Cycle, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, demonstrable technical skills to enable data/system analysis, attention to detail and high personal standards for accuracy
• The successful candidate will be flexible with shifting priorities and have the ability to function under deadlines with minimal supervision, have knowledge of real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology
• The incumbent must be a creative, quick learner, pro-active, self-starter, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical, logical skills that is willing to put in the extra effort in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems. Further, the successful candidate must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management
• The successful candidate is expected to use diplomacy, judgment and persuasion to secure agreement and co-operation from departments involved in a project and preferably have experience with managing small team or acted as lead, performed HR duties, motivate and mentor junior BA’s
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!