Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Project Control Officer
Project Control Officer (57584872)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
• IT Project Control Officer/Project Coordination (5+ years’ experience with an understanding of IT concepts, methodology, vocabulary)
• Project Management Office (5+ years’ experience in PMO supporting a multiple number of projects of similar complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization.)
• Project Financials (5+ years’ experience with authorized funding, forecasting, etc)
• Excel (5+ years’ experience in relation to project financials and budget)
• MS Project (5+ years’ experience to maintain schedule including multiple files consolidation and reporting)
• FI/Banking industry experience
• PMP/PMI designation
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!