Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Technical Systems Analyst
Technical Systems Analyst (57604380)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Efficiently perform the day to day design, analysis and development tasks
• Effectively enable our Business to reach their strategic and transformational objectives
• Continually optimize our technology and operations cost
• Partners with infrastructure and business teams in order to design solutions and resolve business system issues (i.e. workflow solutions, batch cycle troubleshooting, technical interface issues, software issues, etc.).
• Works closely with members of the development and QA teams to review requirements and implement solutions.
• Participates in meetings, provide input to presentations, and provides consulting services to business partners and BAs.
• Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications for the project in accordance with SDLC, security and architecture documentation objectives.
• Participates in walkthrough reviews of specifications and technical designs.
• Experience working on projects related to market data using in-house Java based solution, as well as Sungard Fame product.
• Understanding of financial products (Bonds, Equity, FX etc) and their valuation.
• Experience building enterprise scale applications (handle large position volumes, historical scenario etc, and grid / distributed).
• Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or Quantitative finance, Mathematics or related field
• 5+ years previous work experience as a developer or Technical Systems Analyst
• Advanced level knowledge in Java and/or C++ and OOP; Strong experience in Spring, SQL, REST API and Unix scripting
• Strong analytical skill set, including the ability to transform business logic described in business requirements into solutions that include integration between third-party servers, database servers and vendor solutions
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!