Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst (57607406)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies, analyzing potential impact and taking appropriate action.
• Participate and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications. Identify root cause and defining actions to eliminate recurrence.
• Execute implementation plans for new medium to highly complex application.
• Monitor and analyze supported services to identify opportunities for improvement and recommends solutions.
• Complete all assigned department change requests to the daily batch schedule, and Production systems. This includes job creation, program turnovers, job definition modifications, run time changes, and job decommissions.
• Ensure timely and efficient processing of all production batch schedules addressing any late running jobs, excessive runtimes, or job failures while complying with documented application service level agreements.
• Assist Manager in identifying gaps in job execution times, triggers, abend frequency and any other unusual patterns using trending and data analysis.
• iSeries Command line and Command structure knowledge is essential.
• Must have graduated within the last year in a Computer related field.
• Knowledge in iSeries/AS400, Mainframe, COBOL would be an asset, but is not essential
• University/College education within an IT field
• Overall 0-2 years of experience (will be trained)
• Great communication skills
• Nice to have: C+, Ticketing systems (Servicenow), Seneca College (or well-known school), AS400, commands, cobol
• Bachelor's degree or Post-Secondary education
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!