Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Microstrategy DataWarehouse Developer
Microstrategy DataWarehouse Developer (57611479)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Work with the Enterprise Data project team in designing, developing and maintaining the client’s enterprise data warehouse and associated data marts
• Responsible for the data modelling, design and development of the processes to import data from the IFS Maintenance Work Order system to the Enterprise Data Platform.
• Responsible for the delivery of IFS data to the business users via MicroStrategy dashboards and self-service analytics interface.
• Assist in developing and documenting SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to import data from IFS to the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Responsible for designing, developing and documenting complex T-SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers, indexes, etc.
• Responsible for designing and implementing data quality processes
• Helping to maintain the Enterprise Data Dictionary
• Work closely with the business analyst(s), and other team members, to understand requirements
• Convert business requirements to technical specifications.
• Research, document and share knowledge with the project team.
• Provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken
• Create project documentation according to the Project Management Office Standards.
• Work on other project tasks as assigned.
• A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a database developer.
• Extensive hands-on experience working as a developer with Oracle 11g, or later, and Microsoft SQL Server 2008, or later
• Expert in PL/SQL and Microsoft Transact-SQL programming with the ability to optimize, analyze and improve database SQL performance.
• Experience designing/developing data models using ERwin Data Modeller.
• Experience working with and understanding of IFS (Industrial and Financial Systems) Enterprise Asset Management system, specifically IFS Maintenance Work Order system.
• Experience developing and designing using MicroStrategy 9, or later
• Extensive hands-on experience working with Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Services
• Hands-on experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• Ability to solve complex data problems by analysis, develop appropriate solutions and clearly communicate those solutions to the team.
• Ability to work efficiently and provide accurate time estimates for work to be undertaken.
• Well-developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must have, or rapidly acquire, a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!