Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Governance Business Analyst
JP20863 - Data Governance Business Analyst (57690820)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Oversee effective data asset management
• Develop a Data Governance Operating Model
• Deliver the enterprise-wide Data Quality program
• Deliver the Advanced Analytics program
• Develop, implement, and monitor data policies and compliance standards, including regulatory requirements
• Develop the OCDO team and function
• Data Lifecycle Management (DLM) is a consistent approach to classify, store, access and dispose information; establishing DLM guidelines will help to reduce downstream data inconsistencies (e.g. data rework and remediation) and foster a higher level of confidence in data-based decisions. Improving DLM will enable the client to implement an appropriate defensible disposal approach resulting in storage cost efficiencies and mitigate risks
• Assigned to the program/project (European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR program provides the legal framework for the protection of any personal data for any individual (customer and/or employee) in the EU, regardless of citizenship or where the data is being held.
• Define business analysis requirements
• Owns the facilitation and end-to-end delivery of business requirements following an agile and structured approach to determine how requirements are constructed, traced and prioritized to maximize business value.
• 2-4+ years’ experience as a BA working on (European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• 2-4+ years’ experience working on Data Governance
• 2-4+ years’ experience working on Regulatory Requirements
• Degree (BComm, BSc) or comparable professional education/training
• Extensive knowledge of Data Lifecycle Management standards and practices.
• Expert knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project life-cycle
• Expertise in designing, implementing and assessing internal controls.
• Awareness of IT General computing controls.
• Strong project delivery skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning, and executing work streams for high-risk, high-visibility, large- scale projects
• Strong leadership skills, ability to interact with all levels in a constructive manner
• Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution
• Advanced Communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!