Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a QA Analyst
QA Analyst (57707591)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
Responsibilities will range from analyzing requirements coverage, creating Quality Assurance Strategy planning, completion of QA activities, creating test plans and test cases for system testing, executing test cases, documenting problem reports for identified problems, performing regression testing, maintaining test logs and producing test metrics based on test results. Ensure that the execution of QA processes and testing strategies lead to the deployment of quality applications and products to client users and customers. Analyze project or requirement documents to identify test requirements. Review all relevant project documentation and provide feedback as required. Organizing planning, execution and reporting for the client’s program testing activities. Identify and recommend changes to enhance effectiveness of software development life cycle. There will also be technical responsibilities of configuring hardware or software for the purpose of troubleshooting when investigating problems as well as using log files for detailed transactions processing analysis.
• University degree/College Diploma in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience testing multi-layer architectural applications and complex systems.
• Understanding of automated fare collection concepts used in public transportation
• Experience in testing of financial transactions and reconciliation processes: credit and debit card processing, open payments, Fare Media and associated standards
• Extensive experience in assessing and reviewing business and system requirements - requirement analysis, verification, traceability, gap analysis, risks.
• Extensive experience in testing of complex enterprise and/or industrial applications including functional, non-functional and system integration testing using requirements traceability and coverage analysis
• Proficient in database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access)
• Knowledge of network and data communication protocols
• Interface Validation: automated data file parsing and analysis using Perl or Shell scripting
• Knowledge of public transportation operations terms/concepts and business functions
• Familiarity with concepts of Device Environmental Standards (EN 60950, EN 50155) for electronic equipment is highly desired
• Understanding QA processes based on CMMI and/or ISO standards.
• Knowledge of various testing methodologies (waterfall, V-model, Agile)
• Proven problem-solving skills to identify, validate and verify system and software application issues using defect management tools
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for knowledge exchange and transfer
• Certified CSTE/CSQA would be an asset
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!