Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Analyst
Business Analyst (57707707)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Lead or participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Provide business support to all global units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Provide active support during various testing cycles.
• Production Support: Analyze, investigate and resolve production issues independently.
• Provide second line support both during business hours and off business hours
• Business Analysis (5+ years’ experience with requirement specification document writing)
• Capital Markets (3-5+ years recent experience with a focus on Regulatory Reporting)
• XML Messages (5+ years’ experience)
• Data Mapping (5+ years’ experience)
• IT systems & SDLC (5+ years with IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools)
• Java Knowledge
• Agile Methodology
• Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!