Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Senior Front-End Web Developer
Senior Front-End Web Developer (57732445)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Lead projects and daily changes to the organization’s web properties.
• Define and extend the technical architecture for online product applications.
• Develop responsive components and templates
• Develop and configure system-controlled workflows
• Develop and run unit tests
• Analyze logs and troubleshoot issues
• Leadership/mentoring to the development team in areas related to web development standards, code reviews, content management systems, databases, processes, and web technologies in general
• Thorough analysis of project business requirements, provide gap analysis and closing all gaps
• Contribute to best practices, coding standards and code reviews of peers’ work, including web accessibility standards, maintenance, security concerns, browser compatibility, performance and size for all web development
• Documentation and presentation of all project solution design, organization’s standards, best practices are necessary
• University degree in Computer Science or a related field (or applicable work experience)
• 8-10 years of general professional experience
• 5+ years’ experience working on Internet projects and software applications
• Deep experience and understanding of HTML, HTML5, CSS/CSS3, XML, and XSL/XSLT
• Experience and understanding of Maven build scripts
• Experience working with Eclipse IDE, Sublime Text Editor, Web debug methodology
• Deep experience and understanding AEM, CQ5 (e.g. bundles, components, sling)
• Deep experience in developing and browser testing for Internet Explorer IE10+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, iOS/Android/Windows Phone/Blackberry mobile and tablet browsers
• Experience with code versioning tools (Git, SVN)
• Experience with code merging and branching methodology (Git, SVN)
• Experience with other web technologies (ex. React.js, Ember.js, Angular.js and other emerging technologies)
• Experience and understanding of webservice integrations with components.
• Experience and understanding of user experience, Internet design principles, W3C standards, SEO, accessibility WCAG 2.0 standards, and Windows and MacOS interface standards
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!