Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Java/Scala Developer
Java/Scala Developer (57812045)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Java (5+ years’ experience)
• Scala (5+ years’ experience)
• Unix/Linux (5+ years’ experience with shell scripting)
• Continuous delivery tools: GitHub, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Jenkins, Artifactory, Puppet (5+ years’ experience with one or more)
• DevOps practices (5+ years’ experience with implementation)
• Messaging Bus technologies: MQ, JMS, Solace, Kafka (5+ years’ experience especially with MQ, JMS, and/or Kafka)
• Fixed Income trading platforms: ION MMI, Anvil, TOMS (5+ years’ experience)
• Distributed frameworks: Spark & Cassandra
• Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Elastic Search, HDFS
• Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!