Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Document Management Specialist
Document Management Specialist (Sharepoint Site Champion) (57812088)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Advocate for DMS, encourages user adoption, promotes DMS
• Responsible for Tier 2 End User Technical Support (Tier 1 support handled by Site Champion – Level 1)
• Acts as liaison with SharePoint Support Team
• Reports and follow-ups on issues to ServiceDesk
• Responsible for training end users within their tea(s)
• Responsible for Site Hierarchy Changes (based on Department Head approval)
o Content Types
• Manages Usage Reporting
• Active participant in SC2N (Site Champion – Level2 – Network)
o Participate in SC2N Monthly Meetings
o Attend ongoing SharePoint skills training
• Promotes Best Practices, and Adherence to Governance
• Promotes available features, new tools, etc.
• Assist IT staff members with respect to SharePoint as required
• Provide recommendations, guidance, and support with respect to the adoption of SharePoint features and capabilities
• Manage users, content, and permissions as per Department Head direction
• Create and manage SharePoint Groups
• Managing permissions for Site Users
• Create and configure SharePoint Libraries, Lists etc
• Manage site content types, site columns, lists, views, page content, web parts and their connections.
• A university degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent, combined with directly related experience in a business or computer related discipline.
• 3+ years of Microsoft SharePoint Site Administration experience – resulting in a deep understanding of SharePoint and its capabilities including best practices for developing Document Management, Sites, Lists, Libraries, Pages, Email, Workflows
• 3+ years of working experience relating to providing technical customer service to business clients (internal/external)
• You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees.
• Basic understanding of information architecture principles (taxonomies and folksonomies) as well as their effective application in SharePoint
• Experience building Document Management specific sites
• Basic understanding of SharePoint Email and Workflow capabilities
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!