Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an ESB Technical Lead
ESB Technical Lead (57844545)
Contract Duration: (24 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Lead a team of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker technical resources providing services for all ACES streams by participating in all aspects of solution and project lifecycle. This will include all non-production and production environments
• Lead the implementation of WebSphere MQ and Message Broker solutions which could include high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) requirements in various environments
• Review and provide sizing of the current available WMQ / WMB capacity and determine if they are sufficient
• Deliver implementation of WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker objects
• Streamline / automate WebSphere MB setup and message flow deployment process
• Deliver build book for different environments - DEV, SIT, UAT, Training, Pre-PROD and PROD, etc.
• Collaborate with ESB development team to flush out optimal solution
• Create and modify automated scripts for pro-active monitoring of the ESB availability and performance to ensure functionality, integrity and security of the environments and compliance with Information security and change management processes.
• Identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which will involve interacting with other teams and with multiple external service providers.
• University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
• 10+ years of solid hands-on experience in WebSphere MQ V7.x/8 and Websphere Message Broker (MB) v7.x/8 administration, configuration and support
• 5+ years of leading teams in, create, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of WebSphere MQ and MB solutions
• 5+ years’ experience ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) v3 concepts and practices in IT Service Management.
• 5+ years of experience with enterprise architecture concepts and practices.
• Experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
• Experience with distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
• Experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP etc., and Oracle, SQL Server and DB2 database connectivity and interaction
• 5+ years of experience in configuration, administration and support of integration and batch jobs on various platforms and environments
• 2+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
• Knowledge and experience industry best practices in creating, running, (design, managing,) configuring and administering WMQ and WMB
• Strong troubleshooting capability
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!