Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Visual Designer
Visual Designer (57855339)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Shape a look and feel that’s consistent, accessible and instantly recognizable.
• Collaborate with core team to create a better user experience.
• Design, polish and continually refine the client’s consumer facing products.
• Visually present information so it’s easy to read, understand and find.
• Promote the client’s products and services in a benefit-driven manner.
• Constantly explore ways to create a more cohesive story and enhance usability.
• Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs.
• Build a strong rapport with creative team personnel, managers and stakeholders.
• Impress stakeholders/clients with your enthusiasm and understanding of our customer needs
• Design multiple options, trust the iterative process and understand that the first idea is not always the best
• Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
• Portfolio that includes web and/or mobile design samples
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent experience
• Solid knowledge of design tools (Adobe Photoshop and/or Sketch, Illustrator, and presentation software) and principles (typography, grid systems, visual hierarchy, colour, white space, etc.)
• Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website
• Proven ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
• Able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
• Knowledge and/or experience in the agile process
• Understanding of responsive design
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!