Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Java Developer
Java Developer (57856460)
Contract Duration: (4 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Develop specifications for a solution that addresses the requirements that will be presented and create all necessary system design documents.
• Develop the solution based on the approved specifications.
• Design and lead all levels of testing, i.e., unit, system, integration, regression, performance, security, usability, optimization and configuration testing.
• Test integrated systems to ensure system compatibility and proper functional integration.
• Conduct presentations and code walkthroughs and participate in project team meetings.
• Provide technical support during all phases of acceptance testing, preparation for production implementation and post-implementation support and hand off.
• Prepare deployment packages and participate in the deployment process.
• Document solution details for knowledge transfer
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
• Extensive current experience in large scale application development projects, with specific experience as a J2EE web application developer & expertise creating and integrating web services using websphere.
• Mandatory experience in developing, testing and implementing mobile applications for Android platform.
• Considerable experience with developing and sustaining service-oriented, component-based solutions utilizing WebSphere technologies and Android native applications.
• Desired experience and knowledge using CSDC AMANDA system.
• University degree in computer science or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Proven capabilities in using at least three of the following technologies, protocols and/or standards: SSL/HTTPS, JSON, SOAP, REST and WS-* standards.
• Knowledge and experience of analyzing, architecting and building enterprise mobile applications where MDM (Mobility Device Management) and MAM (Mobility Application Management) have been used e.g. AirWatch.
• Hands-on experience working on projects that utilize majority of the following: WebSphere Application Server 8.x, IBM RAD 7/RAD 8, AJAX, Oracle 11g/12c, PL/SQL, design patterns, SQL Server, Toad, SQL Developer, ER/Studio and Subversion, Android Studio.
• Exposure to creating, modifying and integrating JasperReports with Java and mobile applications
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!