Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Test Lead
Quality Assurance Test Lead (57864256)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Analyze requirements, design and detailed program specs/use cases to ensure they are concise and testable.
• Complete and obtain signoff for the master test plan for the project.
• Provide guidance and direction to project team on testing approach and process
• Follow the client's Software Testing Standard and Methodology
• Work with the IT Solution Vendor, Business Team members and Business Analyst to develop Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
• Work closely with the Development Team members in testing the IT Solution.
• Coordinate and perform the testing of the Solution (i.e. Functional, SIT, Performance, Accessibility, Compatibility, Security, etc).
• Prepare and lead the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) performed by Business Client.
• Use HPE ALM v12.5x to manage all testing activities (i.e. requirements, test cases, test results, defects, etc).
• Document identified defects and report to Project Team. Track the defects through the Defect Life Cycle via HPE ALM (Quality Centre) v12.5x.
• Acquire final sign-off of Test Completion Report from the appropriate Project Team members/stakeholders.
• Report test results to the Project Manager.
• Complete reports to the Project Manager.
• Minimum of five years of application testing and QA test experience in a project based web application environment.
• Clear understanding of Business Requirements, Solution Design, Statement of Work, and Test Strategies as they apply to projects.
• Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile (Scrum) and other methodologies.
• Demonstrated expertise in the field of quality assurance/quality control, test planning, and test execution.
• Extensive experience in tracking problems/issues and defects within a large, complex project.
• Extensive experience in all facets of testing (i.e. planning, documenting, test execution, reporting, defect management and resolution)
• Extensive experience in all types of tests (i.e. functional, accessibility (WCAG 2.0 Level AA), usability, system/integration, regression, configuration, recovery, security, penetration, performance and user acceptance testing) a definite asset.
• Experience in leading a small team of IT Testers and Business Testers.
• Strong experience in writing test documentation.
• Solid experience in executing test cases, analyzing the test results and providing reports to Management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset.
• Certification in Software Quality Engineering or equivalent a definite asset
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!