Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Application Developer
Application Developer (57867183)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Must successfully manage multiple priorities as this role will manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities.
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
• Analyze highly complex business requirements.
• Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
• Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interface with other. systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment.
• Coordinate coding, testing, implementation, integration and documentation of solution.
• Ensure that errors are detected to avoid production outages.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution.
• May act as a team lead for a small team and/or technical solution provider (subject matter expert) for complex application problems.
• Perform complex applications programming activities.
• Provide cost and time estimates for assigned work packages to support the development of time tables and project plans.
• Provide solutions that potentially impact other dependent projects and applications
• 7-10 years of experience as a Java/J2EE Application developer working on enterprise wide application in a mid-large size organization.
• Spring (MVC, IOC, AOP, JPA, Spring Security), Hibernate
• Application Container Experience (WebLogic, Tomcat)
• Agile (Scrum, XP, TDD, SAFe)
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins..), TDD (jUnit, Integration Tests)
• WebServices (REST/SOAP/WSDL)
• J2EE and Java Core components - JSP (Java Server Pages), Servlets, EJB,
• SVN, GIT repositories, Eclipse, Atlassian JIRA
• Shell Script
• Debug/Troubleshooting skills
• Log Analysis
• Must have strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development concepts
• Must have strong presentation and communication skills
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!