Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analyst (57888867)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Interface with the business unit staff to define project scope, establish work plan and other documentation as required;
• Research, gather, capture and analyze business unit requirements in support of the project;
• Document business workflow, procedures, roles and responsibilities, and other requirements in the form of a Solutions Architecture Document that can be used for system implementation;
• Identify opportunities and tools to improve internal operational efficiency and effectiveness, data consistency/system integrity, executive information management and reporting, planning and decision making processes in the context of the project;
• Provide business and technical consulting skills to meet project objectives including business process reviews and modeling;
• Analyze and quantify business impacts of the project;
• Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate with management, business groups and the project team to support the implementation of new improved business and system processes;
• Solicit input and requirements from stakeholders through a series of structured workshops and meetings;
• Perform other duties as required.
• University degree in computer science or related discipline, and 5+ years of 'progressively more responsible' experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the approved equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
• Demonstrated experience to lead the business requirements definition process, analyze and document proposals and requirements relative to the design and development of software solutions;
• 5+ years; working experience and ability to perform requirements gathering, impact analysis, interview subject matter experts, facilitate joint-application-design sessions, and mapping of business processes;
• 5+ years' working experience and ability to evaluate and document business workflow, procedures, roles & responsibilities and integration & conversion strategies;
• Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business processes to identify options, best practices, and opportunities to improve service delivery;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with client staff and senior management;
• Working experience in utilizing project management tools for planning and implementing multiple concurrent complex projects and/or work packages;
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective consulting relationship with clients and other business organizations with a strong customer service orientation;
• Excellent problem solving, leadership, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team;
• Experience in a government/public sector setting with mobile computing or enterprise work management system projects;
• Experience with documenting business frameworks, as well as business process/workflow/data modelling.
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!