Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for an Executive Assistant II
Executive Assistant II (57905850)
Contract Duration: 4 Months
Location: Oakland, California
Candidate will be responsible for administrative support for several leaders in the Digital Corporate Services & Solutions. This position will be responsible for providing complex administrative and/or project support to the managers and/or staff members. Responsibilities may include answering phones and relaying messages/information to both staff and callers; scheduling/calendaring meetings and conferences; maintaining filing systems; ordering/stocking office supplies; opening/sorting mail. Types/proofreads/composes correspondence; creates graphs and presentations; researches issues as needed.
This position requires a consummate professional demeanor as you will act as a highly visible representative of the organization at multiple levels including interaction with client executives, IT and business stakeholders, and external vendors. Candidate will utilize exceptional organizational skills to set up and manage very complex meeting and appointment calendars, make travel arrangements, and facilitate conference calls, WebEx and telepresence meetings.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Coordinate special events, large group meetings, conferences, and audio-visual requirements
• Provide support to project team, including taking meeting notes, scheduling follow up meetings, follow up on action items, etc.
• Prepare and submit expense reports for team members
• Attend team staff meetings, formulate agenda, acquire speakers/presenters, ensure distribution of meeting documents, take and transcribe meeting minutes and track action items
• Other duties as assigned
• Answers phones and email, and directs inquiries to appropriate parties based on functional/operational knowledge; will often respond to routine to moderately complex inquiries directly on behalf of Executive Director or his delegates.
• Manages multiple calendars to include arranging complex special events requiring solid understanding of event requirements and coordination of dependencies. Ensuring that there are no calendar conflicts.
• Drafts complex and detailed correspondence using client knowledge and advanced business acumen; independently updates department documents as needed. Uses intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to draft effective communications.
• Creates reports, presentation materials with charts & illustrations, and proofs content for accuracy.
• Researches and collects information needed to complete project tasks or reports.
• Tracks expenditures to include billing and payment authorization on behalf of the dept manager; authorizes recharges across business units. Manages expense reports through Concur.
• Performs other department specific duties as assigned.
• Interacts regularly with client employees at all levels across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives as a liaison, to gather, exchange, and compare/contrast pertinent operational information for others' use.
• Coordinates administrative workflow of the department; recommends new processes as needed. Directs and delegates to other administrative assistants on work processes and best practices.
• High School Diploma, or GED
• Minimum of 5 years of Executive Assistant experience supporting at the manager/director level, or related experience.
• Ability to learn and apply in-depth knowledge of clients policies, practices, business objectives, and systems to everyday tasks.
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to dynamically coordinate and provide support to an executive with a dynamic/complex role at client.
• As a skilled specialist, demonstrates the ability to multitask and self-prioritize in order to complete tasks in creative and effective ways.
• Leverages a high degree of trust/integrity to create effective working relationships with key contacts both inside and outside the department.
• Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
• Ability to learn and apply a thorough understanding of the organization and its functional policies and processes.
• Strong verbal and writing skills to create difficult and more detailed correspondence.
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of two or more Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Access, depending upon department or business needs.
• Working knowledge of email and office equipment (fax, phone, copier, etc.).
• Ability to coordinate multiple and difficult calendars and arrange meetings.
• Requires ability to learn and apply thorough understanding of a large, complex organization and its customers.
• Experience with using ERP Tools such as RPM
• Experience with collaborating with other organizations to complete deliverables
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!