Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Risk Manager
JP21169 - Risk Manager (57944687)
Contract Duration: (9 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Lead the development and production of key reports, dashboards and presentations (e.g. OROC, NBPA, Key Indicator, ILED, etc.) on overall business trends, operational risks, losses, and issues on an aggregated basis and recommending management action to minimize risk exposures where appropriate.
• Coordinate and create the report for the Quarterly Direct Channels Risk and Compliance Committee meeting. Manage submissions/content, lead prep meetings and track action items.
• Coordinate Innovation Risk Management activities as required.
• Acting as a subject matter expert, develop, champion and continuously enhance the Operational Risk Practice within Direct Channel businesses.
• Assist with the completion of regular reporting on major risk categories, including risk Assessments, emerging issues, emerging regulatory changes.
• Educating and communicating with business partners with respect to operational and enterprise risk management policy and program requirements
• Challenging the business on the effectiveness of their execution methods and outputs with respect to operational risk management programs
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external partners including first line business management as well as business partners in support and control functions.
• Assist with the identification, measurement, management, and escalation of Operational Risk exposures within Direct Channel businesses and on projects.
• 3-5+ years Risk Management experience within the financial industry
• Knowledge of banking business, products, and regulatory standards (Basel standards)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field (e.g. finance, mathematics, accounting).
• Experience with Direct Channels, Operational Risk Management, Control Functions or Audit
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
• Able to challenge existing practices
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information and produce reporting and communications to meet the needs of an executive audience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!