Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Junior DevOps Specialist
Junior DevOps Specialist (58098336)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Administer Atlassian Tools instances on a day to day basis including project setup, workflow customization and user support.
• Create comprehensive JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes, etc.
• Use built-in customization, as well as third party add-ons, for extending the functionality of Atlassian Tools.
• Research Atlassian best practices for implementation and train internal teams on how to best use the tools to improve processes and communication.
• Provision and monitor Atlassian infrastructure over VMware hypervisor
• Manage Continuous Integration and automated deployments using Stash/Jenkins.
• Develop automation and processes to enable development and operations teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications
• Documentation system environments, custom scripts and processes.
• All other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years’ experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Crowd)
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience administering Linux (CentOS & RHEL)
• At least 1 year administering Atlassian infrastructure (Tomcat, JDK, MySQL)
• Experience with web service and application service (httpd, tomcat, jetty, nginx)
• Experience using application monitoring and log management tools (newrelic / pagerduty / logstash)
• At least 2 years’ experience with scripting languages (Python, Groovy, Bash, Perl, Ruby)
• Knowledge of HTTP / HTTPs and RESTful services
• Knowledge of JDK setup and performance tuning
• Knowledge of network communication, DNS, Load balancer
• Good understanding of Git with experience in branching, tagging, merging
• Nice to have knowledge: VMware / Chef / Puppet / Docker
• Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
• Team player with the desire to own projects and the ability to work with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!