Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Manager, Infrastructure Delivery
Manager, Infrastructure Delivery (58116469)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Plan, organize and manage the delivery of IT infrastructure solutions including scope, cost, schedule, and quality of the technology solutions being delivered.
• Deliver appropriate systems engineering plans and quality infrastructure solutions in support of multiple, highly complex, and concurrent programs and projects
• Drive completion of the work assigned to the systems engineering/ infrastructure teams by ensuring appropriate allocation of internal and/or external resources to support project demands and coordinate team activities to ensure all infrastructure deliverables are completed on time, on budget and within quality standards.
• Monitor and control technical infrastructure risks and assist with hands-on problem solving related to complex technical issues and infrastructure problem investigations.
• Participate in solution options/assessments and recommend the technical approach and associated work products.
• Define, develop and execute the optimal IT infrastructure computing strategy in alignment with the client’s IT strategic plan in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
• Provide guidance and direction to project managers, systems engineers, solution architects and other IT professionals and act in a consulting and/or advisory capacity where required.
• Analyze trends of infrastructure computing platforms including hardware and software products and services in the market place and make recommendations to client Senior Management and Executives.
• Build and maintain collaborative, trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as strategic Vendors/Suppliers
• Lead and manage the governance framework with key infrastructure vendors/providers including details reviews of SLA performance, financial management, service delivery enhancements, process improvements, audit compliance, demand management and project delivery outcomes
• Evaluate, select and develop staffing plans to enable the delivery of robust, reliable and resilient infrastructure solutions
• University degree in Computer Science and/or Information Technology plus further study in Business Administration
• 10+ years’ experience in systems engineering (mainframe, Unix/Linux, Windows, storage, network and security) and data center services along with application and system integration experience on various operating platforms
• 8+ years direct management experience leading large multi-functional teams and projects
• 10+ years’ experience in in leading highly complex infrastructure delivery programs/projects, financial management
• 7+ years demonstrated experience in vendor/supplier management and contract negotiation. Management of outsourced infrastructure services and contracts is preferred.
• Formal vendor training or demonstrable experience with server hardware and operating systems, SAN storage, network database, middleware, security, job scheduling, tape management, disaster recovery and capacity planning, system automation / management / monitoring and data centre operation as well as ITIL Framework
• ITSM Framework/Practitioner
• PMP designation or equivalent experience
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!