Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Technical Writer
JP21340 - Technical Writer (58146118)
Contract Duration: (6 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Champion the client's Data Vision and Enterprise Data Strategy
• Oversee effective data asset management
• Develop a Data Governance Operating Model
• Deliver the enterprise-wide Data Quality program
• Deliver the Advanced Analytics program
• Develop, implement, and monitor data policies and compliance standards, including regulatory requirements
• Develop the OCDO team and function
• Data Lifecycle Management (DLM) is a consistent approach to classify, store, access and dispose information; establishing DLM guidelines will help to reduce downstream data inconsistencies (e.g. data rework and remediation) and foster a higher level of confidence in data-based decisions. Improving DLM will enable the client to implement an appropriate defensible disposal approach resulting in storage cost efficiencies and mitigate risks
• Responsible for the development, composition and management of Data Retention Policy and Standard.
• Provide Data Retention Policy and Standard related training and support to Data Steward Community.
• Interacts with subject matter experts to compose, review, seek approval, publish, revise/update, activate and archive existing Data Retention Policies and Standards
• Participate in identifying risks related to current or non-existent policies/procedures
• Coordinates/assists in developing and writing policies and procedures at the organizational, departmental and individual work unit level while ensuring consistency, readability, tone, style, design and terminology
• Creates policy and procedure that adheres to defined corporate standards and requirements and ensures all published policies are free of typographical, format and layout errors
• Assesses and addresses risks related to policy gaps
• Develops and maintains standardized policy and procedure templates
• Collaborates with necessary stakeholders to have all policies, procedures, documents, and processes routinely reviewed, revised, edited and updated as required
• Responsible for developing and overseeing the policy and procedures audit processes related
• Previous experience (3-5 years preferred) with writing policy, procedures and other directives and managing workflow from directive concept to publication
• Post-Secondary Education in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, technical writing, or a related field
• Demonstrated superior communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent technical writing skills (structure, grammar, clarity, spelling, etc.)
• Previous experience with risk identification, analysis and treatment
• Demonstrated instructional and facilitation skills
• Extensive knowledge of Data Lifecycle Management standards and practices.
• Strong leadership skills, ability to interact with all levels in a constructive manner
• Good judgment, understanding of what issues to escalate, what to resolve on your own, make suggestions for possible resolution
• Advanced Communication skills including superior facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills
• Expertise in designing, implementing and assessing internal controls.
• Awareness of IT General computing controls.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and in a matrix structure with multiple stakeholders at varying levels.
• University degree (BComm, BSc) or comparable professional education/training
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!