Modis, on behalf of our client is looking for a Data Analyst
JP21413 - Data Analyst (58149940)
Contract Duration: (12 months)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Produce standardized and comprehensive Reporting Package Frameworks and Dashboards for Sales Monitoring across all client products to benchmark and deliver insights and commentary that can inform and shape product policies, governance, and sales practice decisions
• Lead and execute data/business analysis by leveraging the Sales Monitoring data marts and other data sources to support the understanding of sales trends and employee behavior
• Develop comprehensive frameworks for reporting packages and dashboards utilizing Sales Monitoring data infrastructure and tools, Host systems, EDW, localized data marts and external data sources
• Report Governance – responsible for request/in-take assessment for new reports, changes to existing reports and reports transitioned from various business areas so that they can be addressed in new or existing reporting packages and prevent duplicate/redundant reporting.
• Identify and propose any opportunities to eliminate or consolidate existing reports and leverage existing report usage tracking data
• Support all relevant projects and initiatives to ensure project data and reporting requirements are met
• Evolve and continuously improve Information Portal, consisting of Request Portal and BI and Reporting Portal
• Work in a consultative role to provide “value-added” insights in the form of analysis, visualizations, interpretation and advice
• Liaise with business stakeholders to conduct effective discussions on project/reporting needs, data specifications, priority and timeline to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
• Ensure team maintains the necessary documentation for key BI and Reporting processes and deliverables.
• Manage and resource the request pipeline to ensure projects and initiatives are completed on time/within budget within priority order (as set by regulatory deadlines, business strategy, etc.)
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure proactive notification of upcoming projects, data requests, etc.
• Manage resource capacity and maintain a pool of specialists to work on data and reporting projects
• Support a culture of continuous improvement, implement process improvements including updates to BI intake process, development of SLAs, introduction of project roadmap/status reporting processes, etc.)
• 8-10+ years’ experience in Business Intelligence and Reporting (focus on Sales Practices - banking industry)
• Recent Microsoft Business Intelligence (B.I.) Stack experience (from current/last role)
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence, Reporting and Data Warehousing
• Advanced Statistical knowledge and Advanced Analytical methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of MS BI Stack (SSDS, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
• Experience with SAS, Tableau, R
• Experience with Visualization
• Experience with Python and Machine Learning extensions
• PMP certification
• MBA or Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Computer Science
Please note that Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted. Modis Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!